12 Great Things About Moving Home
If you’re asking yourself whether or not now is the right time to buy a new home, read our blog to find out why we think moving house is worth it.
Those who have moved house before will be quick to tell you how stressful it is, but what they fail to tell you is how great it feels once you’ve settled into your shiny new home. If you’re questioning whether or not you have the energy to move, you’ll probably be preparing yourself for the worst – things that will go horribly wrong, the amount of time it would take to pack up everything you own, what you might forget to organise – but what you should be doing is thinking about the benefits of moving, listed below in this blog post.
1. One of the biggest benefits of moving is the fact that you can finally make a fresh start. Not only will you be able to renew your home and refresh your furniture collection completely, you’ll also have the chance to meet new people and create new relationships.
2. Moving home is the perfect opportunity to throw a housewarming party, getting together with old friends and family to celebrate the fact that you now own a brand new home.
3. If you have moved to a larger property, you’ll now find yourself with more storage space, something that’s so precious for many homeowners.
4. Moving into a new property is a great way to declutter. Now, you can get rid of old furniture or decor and upgrade. Say goodbye to stained sofas and hello to brand new, comfortable ones that you can be proud of.
5. Moving house is a good excuse to create a multitude of Pinterest boards for inspiration. Now is your time to launch your new career as an interior designer.
6. If you’re moving into a home that needs a little TLC, you will now have the opportunity to brush up on your DIY skills. Soon, putting a shelf up, adding new door knobs, and wallpapering will be a breeze.
7. As well as having the ability to update your furniture, moving house can also mean a new wardrobe. When packing your belongings, you may stumble across a few items of clothing that you haven’t worn since 1999. If this is the case, now’s your chance to throw them out and start a fresh.
8. Moving into a new property will mean that you have a lot to do, so treat yourself to a takeaway to relax and rejuvenate. After all, you’ll probably burn off the calories carrying furniture around anyway.
9. Now you’re moving home, a trip to Ikea or B&Q is likely to be on the cards, a fun visit for everyone.
10. Moving house is a great excuse to drink endless amounts of tea or coffee. With so many things to organise, you’re entitled to reward yourself with a brew. Or two.
11. Exploring a new area is another added bonus of moving into a brand new home, with the opportunity to find your new favourite coffee shop or supermarket.
12. If you’re moving for family reasons to enrol your child into a better school, you can be satisfied that you’ve done the best thing for your family.
So there you have it, a list of the 10 greatest things moving into a new home could provide for you. If you’re apprehensive of moving properties, we recommend taking some time to sit down and weigh out the pros and cons. After all, it could be the best thing you’ve ever done, so it’s important to not be put off by the horror stories people regularly associate with moving house. If you have any questions about the moving process, feel free to get in touch with our helpful team.